A stage for inner voices, opinions, ideas and experiences

PicLens

Posted by Harish at Monday, April 21, 2008

The GLOSS discussion forum becoming more and more active everyday. It is directly reflected in our post counts. Last month mine was 18. This month it has crossed 60 already. We can see replies to the posts in gap of almost 2 mins. Its becoming like a chat room for the members of the group. I was worried that nearly all of these posts are nothing but flames or useless replies. But today, Venki posted a new thread introducing us to a new software named PicLens.

PicLens is a plugin for IE or Firefox. It is not just another plugin, but a software of its own kind. It gives you a 3d view of the pictures you search for. After installing the plugin, you restart your browser and this page loads up allowing you to go for the first drive.
Now press the play button on the image and your Vista transforms into an evolved version of Combiz-Fusion and you get to view the pictures in 3d. That too, not compromising on the speed of your machine. Trust me, I tried this on a 512mb machine and it was loading at the speed as if I was watching a video from my hard disk.


You can move from one end to another and zoom into any picture and it will loaded in real-time. The animations and speed in this part is too good. When you click on a zoomed image, the image is loaded in full screen mode with a film strip of the other images at the bottom.

This is when you click an image to zoom in
Now, a full screen for you. :-)

After the inital drive, I decided to try it with a Google Image search. So I searched for the pictures of Rajnikanth. The results showed up. When I moved my mouse over an image, the play button appeared. I clicked it and viola! the screen changed to the 3d view and I can see the the results of my search in the 3d wall. The best part is, it even displayed results from other pages as well on the wall.

You can download this plugin at

http://www.piclens.com/demo/#

Trust me, its too good. :-)

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment